When you think of essential oils, do the words “girly” or “fussy” come to mind? Well guess what! You clearly haven’t seen the wonders these products can do for unruly facial hair, sore muscles, and even that funky smell coming from the sneakers you rarely (okay, never) wash. Make no mistake, fellas, from tackling life’s problems to boosting daily routines, essential oils can play an important role in every man’s life.
So which ones are best for men and what can you do with them? We've got you covered with the 7 best essential oils for men.
What are some masculine essential oils?
While all essential oils are for men (they’re for everyone!), not every guy wants to smell like flowers—we’re here for it if you do, though. Each person has unique preferences, but many men favor woodsy and earthy aromas over florals. If you’re looking for essential oils with more traditionally masculine scents, here are some of our favorites.
1. Shutran essential oil blend
How to use Shutran:
- Wear its bold, empowering fragrance as cologne by putting a drop on each wrist.
- Make a body spray with 20 drops Shutran, 1 teaspoon witch hazel, and 2 ounces distilled water.
- Add it to a car vent diffuser for a better-than-new car smell.
How to use Vetiver:
If Shutran is the boss of manly essential oil blends, then Peppermint is our top choice in singles. Fresh, energizing, and minty, this pick is one of the granddads of essential oils. It’s been around forever and is, without a doubt, here to stay. Many people enjoy using Peppermint topically for the icy, tingling sensation it leaves on skin.
- Add 4 drops of Peppermint to a dab of V-6™ or another carrier oil and rub it into your muscles for a cooling, post-leg day massage.
- Make this DIY head tension roll-on and glide it over your neck and temples whenever you need relief.
- Diffuse it with Thieves® for a cozy blend that says “let’s stay in tonight.”
- Combine a few drops with aloe vera gel to cool off after a long day in the sun.
No list of essential oils for men would be complete without Sacred Sandalwood™. Brought to you from our partner farm in the land Down Under, the Ord River Sandalwood Farm and Distillery, this woodsy wonder has an aroma that’s warm, soft, and sultry. It takes 30 years for a sandalwood tree to mature to the point that we can extract essential oils from it, but the wait is well worth it—and we’d bet the farm that you’ll agree.
How to use Sacred Sandalwood:
- Combat an itchy, dry scalp with a few drops of Sacred Sandalwood in your conditioner.
- Create a spa-like bath salt with 3-5 drops Sacred Sandalwood and ¼ cup Epsom salt—after all, baths aren’t just for ladies.
- Add an air of sophistication to your man cave by diffusing this rustic, earthy scent on its own.
- Compare it to Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood™ and decide which one you need most. Spoiler: it might be both.
How to use Ginger:
Another multitasker every man—and woman—needs in their home is Tea Tree. What makes this oil a must-have? Well, for starters, it has proven cleansing properties, making it a key ingredient in skin care products and natural cleaning solutions. What’s more, you can use it to infuse your home with a fresh, Eucalyptus-like smell.
- Diffuse it to blast away unwanted odors from stinky gym bags or last night’s dinner.
- Prevent blemishes by adding a drop to your aftershave.
- Treat yourself to a cleansing scalp massage with 2 drops of Tea Tree and 4 drops of a carrier oil such as coconut oil; continue rubbing the oils in for 3-5 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Make an all-purpose cleaner with 1 cup distilled water, 1 cup vinegar, 10 drops Tea Tree, and 10 drops Pine.
Want more? Check out these 6 essential oil diffuser blends for men.
Here's some of the benefits your Young Living Wholesale membership gives you:
- Save 24% on every Young Living purchase.
- Save even more with Essential Rewards, up to 25% more.
- Earn free products with monthly promotions.
- No monthly obligations or membership fees.
- You'll see Enroller/Sponsor ID 1795137 and that's us!
- Watch for our welcome and invites to our exclusive online communities.
- Join us now!
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137