Welcome to Day 5 of What's Bubbling? It's your daily diffusing video series that will take the thinking of what to diffuse next!
Today we have Lavender, Bergamot and Geranium! This is GREAT in the nursery when the baby is fussy! It's really great any time you want to just chill out a bit. When you purchase your Premium Starter Kits be sure to add these essential oils after you add the Premium Starter Kit of your choice to the shopping cart.
You can also choose to purchase the essential oils individually if you already have a diffuser.
If you miss a day or what to refer to any of the days in our What's Bubbling? series, just click here and the list is at the bottom of the post.
Lavender essential oil has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the flower a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. As one of our most popular products, Lavender oil is a great beginner oil and a must for every home.
Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favorite because of its classic scent—it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse many areas of your life.
You can find Young Living Lavender oil in blends such as Stress Away™, Harmony™, RutaVaLa™, Tranquil™, and Forgiveness™.
Lavender Essential Oil Uses:
- Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
- Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
- Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to banish stale odors.
Lavender is available in our Vitality line. Use Young Living Lavender Vitality essential oil to create elegant dishes that will impress your family and friends. The herb has a sweet, slightly floral flavor that pairs well with both rich and light foods. Use Lavender Vitality™ essential oil to conveniently add this delightful flavor to your meals.
Although more popular with sweeter recipes, Lavender Vitality oil’s benefits extend to savory dishes as well. In fact, lavender is sometimes included in the famous Herbes de Provence along with spices such as marjoram, thyme, oregano, and rosemary. Put a new spin on a classic meal and pair it with chicken, lamb, or even potatoes.
Just a hint can enhance the flavor of your entire recipe. To avoid overwhelming your food, start small. Try dipping a toothpick in your oil and then swirling the toothpick in your food preparations.
Lavender Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Make homemade fruit jams infused with Lavender Vitality essential oil. Try mixing it with blueberry, apricot, raspberry, or peach jams and jellies.
- Combine Lavender Vitality’s earthy, low notes with bright citrus flavors. Experiment with lavender-lemonade or a citrus sorbet.
- Complement dairy with Lavender Vitality in shortbread, pound cake, ice cream, meringue, or whipped cream recipes.
- Balance Lavender Vitality in savory dishes with herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and oregano.
Bergamot essential oil’s effervescent citrus aroma makes it a great addition to your morning routine and to liven up your household chores. The yellow-green peel of this orange-shaped fruit is cold pressed to produce pure essential oil. While Bergamot has a primarily tart and uplifting aroma, there are also sweet and relaxing elements, making it a popular addition to perfumes. Bergamot has attracted attention for its skin-cleansing properties, and its elegant scent makes it a popular addition to luxury shampoos, soaps, and cleansers. Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid applying it before spending time in the sun.
Bergamot is also available in our essential oil Vitality line. Cold pressed from the fresh bergamot fruit that gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavor, Bergamot Vitality™ essential oil has a fresh, complex citrus taste that makes it the perfect addition to many summer dishes. With a distinctly tart finish, it can also liven up sugarless baked goods. The taste of the Bergamot Vitality is somewhere between a sour orange and lemon, making it a distinctive, zesty addition to seafood recipes.
Bergamot Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add 1–2 drops of Bergamot Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take as a dietary supplement as needed.
- Several times during grilling, brush seafood with olive oil infused with a few drops of Bergamot Vitality.
- In baked goods recipes that call for citrus zest, add an unexpected twist by stirring in a drop of Bergamot Vitality for every teaspoon of zest.
- Add 1–2 drops of Bergamot Vitality oil to Blue Agave natural sweetener and drizzle the mixture over muffins and tarts.
Geranium essential oil is carefully steam distilled from the fragrant flowers and leaves of the popular plant native to southern Africa. With a sweet, floral scent, there are many topical and aromatic Geranium oil uses, including high-end perfumes and skin care products.
Add this oil to lotion, body wash, and hair care products to instantly upgrade the aroma of your personal care products or use Geranium oil to create a pleasant environment by diffusing. Its calming, rose-like aroma can encourages peaceful, spiritual feelings, making it a great oil for your living room or meditative spaces. You can also add Geranium oil to a steamy bath to create a relaxing, spa-like experience.
Geranium Essential Oil Uses:
- Diffuse in the office or classroom for a comforting aroma.
- Add to a neutral moisturizer and apply morning and night to create the appearance of healthier-looking skin.
- Combine with oils such as Lavender and Ylang Ylang and add to a hot bath. The rich, luxurious aroma will create a private getaway.
- Mix with Lavender oil and scent-free aloe vera to moisturize skin after a long day in the sun.
- Apply to wrists or the nape of the neck for a sweet, floral, and natural perfume.
What's Bubbling - Day 5 Recipe!
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Bergamot
2 drops Geranium
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137