Bergamot also comes in our Vitality essential oil line which is for dietary use. We will talk about that at the bottom of this post.
Bergamot essential oil has a light citrus aroma, which makes it a great oil to help you get going in the morning or refresh your kitchen before dinner. The peel of the yellow-green, orange-shaped fruit is cold pressed to create the pure Young Living Bergamot oil found in homes around the world.
Bergamot’s aroma is tart yet sweet and uplifting yet relaxing, making it a popular oil in perfumes, cosmetics, and lotions. In addition to its scent, Bergamot has attracted attention for its cleansing properties, and it’s often used as a luxurious ingredient in shampoos, soaps, and cleansers. However, because Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying the oil before spending time outside.
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses
- Diffuse at home, in the classroom, or while working to create an uplifting, positive environment.
- Place in the palms of your hands and inhale to experience a calming aroma during unsettling times.
- Combine a couple of drops with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use for an invigorating massage.
- Add to your nightly skin care regimen to create the appearance of smoother-looking skin. Keep in mind that Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid sun exposure after any application.
- Include a few drops in homemade cleaners to add an uplifting aroma to your chores.
Cold pressed from the fresh bergamot fruit that gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavor, Bergamot Vitality™ essential oil has a fresh, complex citrus taste that makes it the perfect addition to many summer dishes. With a distinctly tart finish, it can also liven up sugarless baked goods. The taste of the Bergamot Vitality is somewhere between a sour orange and lemon, making it a distinctive, zesty addition to seafood recipes.
Bergamot Vitality Essential Oil Uses:
- Add 1–2 drops of Bergamot Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take as a dietary supplement as needed.
- Several times during grilling, brush seafood with olive oil infused with a few drops of Bergamot Vitality.
- In baked goods recipes that call for citrus zest, add an unexpected twist by stirring in a drop of Bergamot Vitality for every teaspoon of zest.
- Add 1–2 drops of Bergamot Vitality oil to Blue Agave natural sweetener and drizzle the mixture over muffins and tarts.
We only use and recommend Young Living essential oils. You can purchase them here as a retail customer or save 24% off retail prices for life by becoming a wholesale member. To become a member, you will select either our Basic Starter Kit ($35) or one of our Premium Starter Kits. You only do this 1 time during your initial purchase to become a life time member.
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137