1 cup salt
1/2 cup water
2 cups baking soda
1 ½ cups unscented liquid Castile soap (readily found at most grocery stores or on Amazon)
10 drops Lemon essential oil (I buy mine here)
10 drops Grapefruit essential oil (I buy mine here)
10 drops Purification essential oil (I buy mine here)
Some other oils you may want to try are Lime, Tangerine, Citrus Fresh, Thieves, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, or Pine.
What To Do:
1. Mix your soap and water in one dish, then the baking soda and salt in another.
2. Slowly pour a small amount of the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring well and checking the consistency. Do not add ALL the liquid or it will become overly wet. You want to be able to pack it together and hold its shape. If it does become too wet, just add a little more baking soda until you get the desired consistency.
3. Use a spoon to scoop the thick paste onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and flatten drops with the spoon. They will need to be more flat than round because they will dry faster that way.
4. You can let your DIY garbage disposal pods air-dry for a day or two, or place them in the oven at 175 degrees for an hour and a half to two hours until they are dry. Store them in a creatively reused glass jar with a lid for easy, airtight storage.
5. Run hot water through the garbage disposal to clear out any lingering debris. Once clear, pop one of these disposal pods in and shut off the water. Let it run for about 10-15 seconds, then give it a final rinse with hot water.
Deodorized and clean!
We only use and recommend Young Living essential oils. You can purchase them individually at retail or become a member and save 24% off retail prices for life. You'll select one of our kits to start your membership. There is a Basic Kit for $35 or our Premium Starter Kits. Those are the best deal and also come with a diffuser! Get started here.
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137