We need all the help we can get to stay hydrated, keep cool and enjoy the outdoors. I've got you covered with some skin and hair loving tips so that you and your family can enjoy your sunny outings comfortably.
Use Young Living essential oils for hair to add shine and bounce to your locks, so you can have the gorgeous, healthy hair of your dreams! All you need for envy-worthy tresses are items you already have around the house, including essential oils, carrier oils, water, and a couple of other tools and ingredients.
What are you waiting for? Gather your supplies and try these hair DIYs to tame, moisturize, and clarify your mane.
Tips To Rehydrate Your Skin And Hair
1 . To give your hair a luscious hydrating treat, saturate your hair with pure organic coconut oil mixed with 2 drops each of Rosemary and Lavender essential oils. Leave for 10 minutes, then wash well. This will also help reduce static in your hair!
2. Add essential oils to aloe vera for a soothing skin salve. Essential oils can provide moisture and soothe irritated skin. Start 1-3 drops of either Lavender, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Helichrysum, Geranium or German Chamomile to 1 tablespoon of aloe vera and rub into your skin as needed.
3. Whether you've been exposed to sun poolside or catching refracting rays from the snowy slopes, wait a day or two after a sunburn before applying deep moisturizing products. These can trap in heat and cause more inflammation. Stick with your essential oil-infused aloe!
4. Drink lots and lots of water – I know, you hear this a lot. But truly this will help your hair AND skin hydrate itself.
DIY dry hair spritz
First up is our easy-peasy recipe for dry hair repair. If your hair is dull or naturally dry, spritz this treatment all over to lock in moisture without adding grease. Use this spray before blow-drying and styling to boost shine, after you style to finish your do, or throughout the day to control frizz and unruly flyaways.
The essential oils in this mix boost shine and nourish your hair, while jojoba and V-6 penetrate locks for lasting and non-greasy healing moisture.
How to make it:
1. Add all ingredients to a 12-ounce glass spray bottle.
2. Shake well before spritzing over wet hair, avoiding the roots. Or spray into your hands and rub over your hair to add moisture where you need it most.
3. Dry and style hair as normal. If needed, lightly spritz hair after styling for extra shine.
Hot oil treatment
Sometimes your hair needs a little extra boost. Whether pool chemicals have sucked the life out of your locks or sunny weather has left you with an itchy scalp, give your hair a much-needed timeout. Show moisture-starved and brittle ends some love with this deep-conditioning treatment containing some of the best essential oils for hair.
How to make it:
1. Heat some water on the stove or in the microwave and pour into a large glass bowl.
2. Put olive oil and sweet almond oil in a small jar, and place the jar in the bowl of hot water for 5-10 minutes until the oil is warm but not hot. Check the oil every 2 minutes until it is the right temperature. You should be able to put your finger in the oil comfortably.
YL tip: Be careful not to overheat the oil, which can burn you. We call it a hot oil treatment, but it should really be warm oil.
3. Add essential oils and mix well.
4. Apply to hair from roots to ends, massaging into scalp and saturating ends for hydration where you need it most. Comb through to ensure even application.
5. Cover with a shower cap and leave on for at least 20 minutes.
6. Wash hair—if it’s extra oily, wash twice.
Apple cider vinegar rinse
Supplement the conditioning benefits of our hot oil treatment with our clarifying apple cider vinegar rinse. If built-up product has left you in a hairy situation, use this recipe to help untangle the mess. After you rinse away the excess weight from dead skin cells, pool chemicals, saltwater, shampoo, and conditioner, you’ll notice more bounce and volume to your hair.
In addition to helping you nail the perfect hair flip, our apple cider vinegar rinse also soothes the scalp and adds luster to your locks.
What you need:
YL tip: For dry hair, use 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar; for normal to oily hair, use 1/2 cup.
1. Mix all ingredients together in the spray bottle.
2. Spray mixture all over hair, focusing on the scalp and roots. Lift hair in sections to make sure you completely saturate your hair—your hair should be thoroughly damp, but not dripping.
3. Massage into scalp with fingertips to stimulate the scalp and increase circulation.
4. Let the mixture sit for 2-3 minutes.
5. Rinse, then shampoo and condition hair as normal.
6. Use once per week.
When you become a Young Living wholesale member with one of our Starter Kits, you'll receive a life time discount of 24% off retail prices. This is on EVERY product Young Living offers. You'll be eligible to participate in our Essential Rewards program and our free shipping program. Plus you'll have our support and our community of like-minded team members.
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137