Citronella is well known for its use in outdoor candles, DIY bug sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials.
Create a DIY floating candle bowl to create a peaceful ambiance and pleasant aroma during outdoor parties.
DIY Citronella Floating Candle Bowl
• Glass bowl or container
• Decorations of your choice. You can use anything! (Lemon peels, orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lavender, rosemary, flower petals, river rocks, etc.)
• 20 drops Citronella essential oil
• 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
• 1 tablespoon witch hazel
• Water to top off glass bowl or container
• 1 unscented floating candle
1. Gather decorations and arrange in bowl. We recommend cutting them into two-inch pieces so they don’t bunch at the top of the bowl or cause it to overturn.
2. Add witch hazel, Citronella, and Lemongrass essential oil to the bowl.
3. Fill in the remaining bowl space with water.
4. After placing your bowl outside, top it off with the floating candle and light it to create a cozy, aromatic ambiance you and your guests can enjoy throughout the evening.
We only use and recommend Young Living essential oils. To learn more about Young Living and their Seed to Seal guarantee, click here.
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137