What you don’t know (but should) about Carrot Seed essential oil’s benefits
Whether you love the taste of veggies or just tolerate them, it’s undeniable that they’re nutritious. And carrots might take the cake in the nutrition department. They’re a great source of fiber, vitamin K, antioxidants, and more. But that’s not all carrots are good for.
In Young Living’s garden of oils, you’ll find Carrot Seed essential oil. Its rich aroma is reminiscent of Grandma’s backyard garden—sweet, earthy, and complex. We’re excited to share the benefits of Carrot Seed essential oil and how it’ll bring joy into your life. But first, let’s clear up the confusion between Carrot Seed essential oil and Carrot oil.
Carrot Seed essential oil vs. Carrot oil
Some might assume these oils are synonymous, but they’re completely different.
Carrot oil is a carrier oil. It’s derived from the carrot plant and contains high amounts of vitamin A. Because it’s a carrier oil, the consistency is lightly greasy.
Carrot Seed essential oil is produced by distilling seeds of the wild carrot plant (Daucus carota sativa). It features naturally occurring constituents carotol, alpha-pinene, sabinene, and beta caryophyllene, among others. The oil has a viscous but non-greasy consistency.
YL tip: Know what you’re buying! Some store products can be misleading. Make sure you’re getting pure Carrot Seed essential oil by choosing the only oil on earth backed by the Seed to Seal quality commitment.
What are the benefits of Carrot Seed essential oil?
Care for some carrot seed oil? If you’re looking for hydrated skin and hair, a soothing massage for muscles and joints, a warm, woodsy scent, and something to help you through occasional skin irritations, your answer is a solid yes! See how this overshadowed oil sprouts magnificent benefits!
1. Treat your face. Create a moisturizing facial serum with Carrot Seed oil. Take an empty 15 ml bottle and add 10 drops Copaiba, 10 drops Geranium, and 10 drops Tea Tree; fill to the top with jojoba oil. Use a cotton ball to apply a few drops to skin morning and night as part of your skin care routine to boost your glow!
2. Infuse your sunscreen. Add a drop or two to of Carrot Seed oil to your sunscreen before spending time outdoors. The sweet, woodsy fragrance makes your sunscreen smell delightful, and extra moisture keeps your skin feeling fresh during days in the sun.
3. Amp up the moisture. Add Carrot Seed essential oil to your aloe vera gel to soothe sun-irritated skin.
4. Apply to joints. Combine the following essential oils in an empty 15 ml essential oil bottle with an AromaGlide® Roller Fitment:
15 drops Carrot Seed
10 drops Basil
10 drops Eucalyptus Blue
5 drops Peppermint
5 drops Frankincense
Fill to the top with V-6
Apply directly to joints, then massage gently with your fingers.
5. Dream sweet. You know about Lavender and Copaiba for bedtime, but Carrot Seed is a top contender for a relaxing fragrance. Diffuse it next to bed while you get ready for sleep and let it ease you into dreamland.
6. Create savor-worthy dishes. Add a drop or two of Carrot Seed Vitality™ to spicy foods, Asian cuisine, or salad dressings for a twist on culinary classics.
7. Lather your locks. Create a DIY leave-in conditioner with this simple guide:
Use a 24-ounce glass spray bottle.
Add ½ cup deep conditioner, 2 cups distilled water, 8 drops Carrot Seed essential oil, 8 drops Rosemary essential oil, and 8 drops Cedarwood essential oil.
Mix to combine, then spray on wet hair after your shower. Carrot Seed’s hydrating properties will boost the moisture factor.
8. Diffuse this dewy forest scent. Carrot Seed is distinctly earthy with sweet undertones. It complements tart Lemon and candy-sweet Clove. Try this diffuser recipe:
We only use and recommend Young Living essential oils. The above information is based on the use of Young Living's carrot seed essential oil. To purchase Young Living essential oils and wellness products, visit our site here. You can order as a retail customer or become a wholesale member. Wholesale members purchase a Starter Kit 1 time and receive a 24% discount for life. The only requirement to stay "active" as a wholesale member is to make 1 50PV purchase every 12 months. 50PV is usually equivalent to $50.
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137