Einkorn Tortilla Recipe
- 2 cups Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in oil and combine. Mixture should resemble coarse cornmeal.
- Add water and mix until dough holds together. Dough should feel sticky.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal ball-shaped pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to flatten and stretch each ball of dough into a circle, about 7 inches across.
- Heat an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place dough circle in skillet and cook until brown spots begin to appear.
- Flip and do the same on the other side.
- Keep cooked tortillas covered with a clean, dry towel until ready to serve.
- For a customized flavor, add 1–2 drops of your favorite Vitality essential oil to the water. We suggest Oregano Vitality, Black Pepper Vitality, or Lime Vitality. These are all Young Living essential oils. Those are the only oils we use and recommend. You can purchase them here.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137