All the fresh produce available during the summertime makes it a great time to refresh your nutrition and wellness goals. We asked Young Living Brand Ambassador and author of The Body Doesn’t Lie, Vicky Vlachonis to help us put together a seven-day meal plan that takes advantage of the farmer’s market and puts you back on track to vitality. From breakfast to dinner and snacks in between, we’ve got you covered!
Vicky talked to UCLA-registered dietitian, Nancee Jaffe for some nutrition tips while compiling the meal plan, and Nancee emphasized the meal that’s easiest to forget: breakfast. She gave us helpful advice to keep in mind when we’re rushing to put something together in the morning.
“I generally recommend 10–20 grams of protein at breakfast—this can look like a homemade protein smoothie, 3–5 egg whites, or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter,” she said. “Research shows that protein increases satiety, or feelings of satisfaction and fullness, without dramatically increasing calories. It also has been shown to lower blood glucose levels and blood pressure.”
With that, let’s see what goodness Vicky has in store for us!
- 4 cups lean ground turkey
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 large white onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 slice rye or eikorn bread
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the rye bread in a bowl of hot water for 2–3 minutes to soften; then carefully drain.
- Combine the meat, parsley, oregano, vegetable stock, onion, olive oil, egg, bread, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Separate the mixture into ½-inch, palm-size patties.
- Arrange the patties on a baking tray greased with a little olive oil and bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown.
Want to save 24% off retail prices on ALL of your Young Living purchases for life? Become a wholesale member at www.EssentialOils4Sale.com
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137