Create your own spa getaway with these easy-to-make DIY shower bombs! The next time you need a bit of rejuvenation, toss a shower bomb in the bottom of your shower and enjoy the wonderful scent or create a collection of these homemade shower bombs as a gift for someone you love.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 30+ drops of your favorite aromatic essential oil (see our suggestions below)
Mix together the baking soda and citric acid in a medium-size bowl. In a separate small bowl or bottle, mix together water and essential oil. Slowly add the oil-water mixture a few drops at a time into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition (a stand mixer works well for this). When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, tightly pack into 2-inch balls using your hands, a stainless steel cake pop mold, or a cookie scoop. Set on a plate to dry. If necessary, pack the balls again more tightly. Allow to dry for 12+ hours before using.
To use, simply place a bomb near your feet under warm running water and enjoy the aromatic experience!
- Morning Fresh Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata to a batch for an invigorating and fresh aromatic experience.
- Orchard Stroll Shower Bombs: For a sweet, refreshing aromatic journey, add 30 drops of Citrus Fresh to a batch.
- Day’s End Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Lavender to a batch to enjoy a relaxing aromatic addition to your shower time.
You can order Young Living essential oils as a retail customer or become a wholesale member and save 24% off retail prices for life! Just head over to www.EssentialOils4Sale.com and select your starter kit.
Our Premium Starter Kits are a fantastic deal with 11 5ml bottles of essential oils, samples, accessories and the diffuser of your choice. You only purchase the kit 1 time and receive the discount for a lifetime! The Premium Starter Kit also contains lots of great oils that can be used in making shower bombs (like lavender, peppermint and lemon in the picture!).
Enjoy your oily day!
Lisa and Rich Jelinek, Young Living ID 1795137